1/3 Photos of Elegant Orzo With Wilted Spinach, Feta and Pine Nuts
This dish is so Yummy, especially if you love orzo like we do! COOKS NOTE: I like to use more garlic, and spinach, but I will leave that up to you. I also add roasted red peppers and even Pancetta!Please note: this is an adopted recipe and I hope to make it soonest. If you make it before I do, I would appreciate feedback, Thanks ! ZWT REGION: Italy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (16 ounce) package uncooked orzo pasta
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup pine nuts
- 1 (10 ounce) bag Baby Spinach
- 1/8 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 (8 ounce) package crumbled feta cheese
- 1 fresh tomato, chopped
- kosher salt
- ground pepper
- 1Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes. (Firm or slightly undercooked orzo works best for this dish.) Drain, transfer to a mixing bowl, and set aside.
- 2Heat olive oil and butter in a large skillet over medium high heat, stirring to blend.
- 3Stir in garlic, basil, and red pepper flakes, and reduce heat to medium. Stir in pine nuts and cook until lightly browned.
- 4Add spinach, cover, and cook on low heat for 5 minutes, or until spinach is wilted.
- 5Toss spinach mixture with orzo pasta. Portion onto serving plates with a drizzle of balsamic vinegar and a sprinkling of crumbled feta cheese and chopped tomatoes.
- 6Allow guests to adjust seasoning with salt and pepper, as needed. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Elegant Orzo With Wilted Spinach, Feta and Pine Nuts
Serving Size: 1 (171 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 694.3
- Calories from Fat 370
- Total Fat 41.1 g
- Saturated Fat 11.4 g
- Cholesterol 45.8 mg
- Sodium 517.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 20.2 g