Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Originally discovered this amazing meatloaf on another website, and have made a few alterations. This stuff gets rapturous approval from all who encounter it. It really is over the top delicious, and has been known to convert nonbelievers. Recipe should not be tinkered with, it's perfect. Please don't smother this in ketchup or gravy before you even taste it.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 lb ground pork
- 3⁄4 cup salsa
- 2 slices pumpernickel bread, torn in little pieces
- 1⁄4 cup diced onion
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1⁄4 cup golden brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup malt vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons marmalade
- 1 teaspoon prepared hot mustard
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with tinfoil. Lightly coat bottom and sides of a loaf pan with nonstick spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine ground beef, ground pork, salsa, pumpernickel, onion, egg, bell pepper, brown sugar, malt vinegar, Worcestershire, dry mustard, seasoned salt and cracked pepper. Mix well.
- Pack the meat mixture into the loaf pan firmly, then unmould it onto the perpared baking sheet. Remove loaf pan, and mould the meat on the baking sheet into a domed brick shape with your hands. Bake 50-60 minutes.
- Brush with glaze (use all of it) return to oven for an additional 15 minutes until crust is lightly caramelized.