Recipe by Chez Desirée
This elegant egg dish is sure to impress anyone at a breakfast or brunch. It is very easy and can be embellished with smoked salmon, avacado, red pepper, mushrooms...whatever you may like. (Sometimes I serve this on nights when I don't want to cook but still want something nice and wholesome). Recipe time does not include boiling eggs. ** this is a great way to use up all thoes easter eggs!**
- 1 medium onion
- 8 hard-boiled eggs
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- sautee onions in 1 tbsp butter until soft.
- add additional butter and flour slowly (stirring with whisk to prevent lumps).
- slowly add milk, salt & pepper and heat just to boil and turn down.
- continue stirring untill sauce thickens.
- add eggs once sauce takes on a gravy consistancy. if the eggs are cold heat for a little or else gently mix enough to coat eggs, careful not to break them and serve.
- i add whatever "embellishments" i want at this point too but none are needed.
- serve with buttered toast triangles or on a brunch table.