3 hrs 40 mins
When strawberries are at their peak, this is a beautiful, light ending to any dinner. Because of it's color, it's especially appropriate for Valentine's Day. Cooking time includes 2-3 hours chilling time. For a fat-free dessert, omit the crust. Make the layers in individual parfait glasses, and garnish as for the pie.
My Private Note
9inch p ...
Units: US | Metric
- 2 9-inch pie shells, baked
- 1 (4 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding
- 1 (3 ounce) package strawberry gelatin
- 16 ounces fat free cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups skim milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 quart fresh strawberries, washed,dried & sliced,reserving 16 whole strawberries for garnish
- 1Bake pie shells according to package directions for a pie that will have refrigerated filling.
- 2In saucepan mix cornstarch, gelatin mix, pudding mix and sugar.
- 3Add 1 cup water and 1 cup milk, stirring to wet the dry ingredients.
- 4Add cream cheese, cut into chunks, and cook on low, stirring with whisk until cream cheese melts and sauce is slightly thickened.
- 5Remove pot from heat and stir in remaining cup of milk, stirring with a whisk to blend well.
- 6Pour 1/4 of sauce into each pie shell; cover with 1/4 of sliced strawberries, pressing the berries into the sauce.
- 7Repeat procedure making a second layer of sauce in each pie shell, ending with strawberries on top.
- 8Cover with plastic wrap and chill until pies are set- several hours.
- 9Just before serving, top each slice with a little fat-free non-dairy topping and one whole strawberry for garnish.
- 10NOTE: This can be made with raspberry gelatin mix and fresh raspberries.
- 11I've even made it with peach gelatin and fresh peaches (dipped in lemon juice to prevent discoloration), and drained.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Elegant Light Strawberry Pie
Serving Size: 1 (100 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 242.2
- Calories from Fat 75
- Total Fat 8.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 2.8 mg
- Sodium 419.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 19.0 g
- Protein 7.4 g