Recipe by SweetySJD
Who knew MEATLOAF could be an impressive, elegant meal?
Top Review by Cookworm
My family and I really enjoyed this recipe. The blend of flavors was quite delicious. I did not have any spinach on hand so used a bunch of fresh parsley and that was so lovely. The only thing I didn't care for was that it was a little too dry for my tastes. My family however, thought it was great anyways so I think it's a personal taste thing. Thanks.
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumb
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 ounces roasted red peppers, from jar, drained & patted dry
- 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed & squeezed dry
- 1⁄2 cup sun-dried tomato pesto
Directions See How It's Made
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil.
- Mix together first eight ingredients. Divide mixture into thirds.
- Shape each portion into a 9x5x1 inch rectangle. Lift one portion onto middle of baking sheet; top with roasted peppers.
- Cover with another portion of meat; top with spinach.
- Add remaining meat mixture; spread with tomato pesto.
- Bake 1 hour. (meat thermometer should read 160 degrees).
- Let stand 10 minutes. Remove to a serving platter.