1/2 Photos of Elegant Lavender and Lemon Poached Chicken Breasts
French Tart's Note:
An easy, romantic and elegant dish to make with chicken breasts, which are gently poached in a lavender infused broth and then served with a creamy shallot and lemon sauce. Use low fat creme fraiche or cream if you are watching your fat intake - it works just as well. Serve these delightful lavender poached chicken breasts with wild rice, pasta or new potatoes and mange tout. This recipe is for two people - but the ingredients can be increased with ease!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 300 ml good chicken stock
- 10 drops lavender, cooking essence or 1 teaspoon culinary lavender flowers
- 15 g butter
- 1 shallot, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons cornflour
- 3 tablespoons creme fraiche
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- fresh lavender flowers (to garnish)
- 1Place the stock and lavender essence in a saucepan and bring to boil. Add the chicken breasts and return to boil and poach for 10-15 minutes until chicken is cooked through.
- 2Remove the chicken to a dish and keep warm while making the sauce. Pour the stock into a jug.
- 3Melt the butter in the pan and soften the shallot gently for 3-5 minutes. Sprinkle on the cornflour and stir to mix.
- 4Gradually add the stock and stir while bringing to the boil. Simmer for 5 minutes then add the creme fraiche, salt and pepper. Simmer for a few minutes. Add lemon juice and season to taste.
- 5Pour the sauce over the chicken, garnish each chicken breast with some lavender flowers and serve with wild rice or pasta; new potatoes and mange tout would also be good.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Elegant Lavender and Lemon Poached Chicken Breasts
Serving Size: 1 (320 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 338.0
- Calories from Fat 174
- Total Fat 19.3 g
- Saturated Fat 10.1 g
- Cholesterol 126.9 mg
- Sodium 417.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 29.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: