Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Serve with warm croissants, banana nut bread, softened cream cheese and honey sandwiches or biscuits. The only cooking time is for the chicken.
- 2 cups chicken, cooked & chopped
- 2 cups pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 1⁄2 cups strawberries, halved
- 1 cup green grape
- 1 cup celery, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup salad dressing (may use light or fat free)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 dash pepper
- 1⁄4 cup toasted walnuts
- Combine (lightly) all but nuts and lettuce; chill.
- Serve on lettuce leaves.
- Top with nuts.
- Garnish with additional strawberries if you like.
We enjoyed this fruity chicken salad. The toasted walnuts added a nice crunch as well as flavor to the salad. This was served with a banana nut muffin. Will make again. Thanks Darlene Summers. Bullwinkle.