Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
A gentle combination of avocado, tomato, cilantro, allow each ingredient to retain its own unique characteristics.
- 3 avocados
- 1 small onion
- 1 small ripe tomatoes
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 jalapeno
- Cut the onion in half. Setting one half aside, chop half the onion finely.
- Cut the jalapeño in half and remove the seeds. Chop the pepper finely.
- Finely chop about packed 2 teaspoons cilantro.
- Place the chopped onion, pepper, and cilantro in a mortar with about 1 teaspoons of salt and 1/2 tsp lime juice.
- Grind the ingredients well and set it aside.
- Cut the avacados in half and gently remove the pits.
- Holding one avacdo half in your hand slice the flesh lengthwise and crosswise to make small 1 inch cube.
- Peel back the skin and allow the cubes to fall into a serving bowl.
- Dice the tomato (about 3 tbsp), the other half of the inion, and about 2 tbsp of cilantro and place the ingredients in the serving bowl with the avocado.
- Take the contents on the mortar and add it to the serving bowl.
- Gently fold the ingredients together and serve immediately.