Having a dinner party and need a great vegetable side dish? This is for you! My mom gave me the recipe, and it's always been a hit whenever I serve it.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Drain mushrooms and measure liquid, add enough chicken stock to make 1 cup.
- Saute onions gently in 3 tbsp butter for 5 minutes.
- Blend in flour.
- Add reserved mushroom liquid-chicken stock mixture and wine.
- Cook, stirring until mixture boils and thickens.
- Add cheese, salt, and pepper.
- Combine this sauce with the mushrooms and beans.
- Turn into a greased casserole dish.
- Mix bread crumbs with melted butter.
- Sprinkle over vegetables.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 25 minutes.