1/2 Photos of Elegant Green Bean and Mushroom Casserole
Barb Witherspoon's Note:
Having a dinner party and need a great vegetable side dish? This is for you! My mom gave me the recipe, and it's always been a hit whenever I serve it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Drain mushrooms and measure liquid, add enough chicken stock to make 1 cup.
- 3Saute onions gently in 3 tbsp butter for 5 minutes.
- 4Blend in flour.
- 5Add reserved mushroom liquid-chicken stock mixture and wine.
- 6Cook, stirring until mixture boils and thickens.
- 7Add cheese, salt, and pepper.
- 8Combine this sauce with the mushrooms and beans.
- 9Turn into a greased casserole dish.
- 10Mix bread crumbs with melted butter.
- 11Sprinkle over vegetables.
- 12Bake at 375 degrees for 25 minutes.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Elegant Green Bean and Mushroom Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (184 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 194.4
- Calories from Fat 99
- Total Fat 11.0 g
- Saturated Fat 6.6 g
- Cholesterol 27.7 mg
- Sodium 517.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 5.7 g