Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
A delicious make-ahead main dish for brunch.
- 1 dozen egg
- 1 quart milk
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 cups seasoned croutons (1 box)
- 1 teaspoon minced onion
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 lb bacon
- 1 green pepper (thinly sliced)
- 1 tomatoes (thinly sliced)
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cheddar cheese soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- Break eggs into large mixing bowl and beat slightly.
- Add the milk, cheese, croutons, onion, and mustard and let sit overnight.
- Fry the bacon and break up into bite-sized pieces.
- Slice green pepper and tomato.
- Pour egg mixture into a large greased baking dish.
- Top with bacon and tomato slices.
- Bake covered at 375 for 55 minutes.
- Make the sauce for the eggs by combining the 2 cans of soup and 1/2 c milk. Heat and serve over eggs.
This recipe was a HUGE hit! We had family over on Saturday and everyone raved about it. The only change that I may make next time is to add more cheese just because we like it cheesy. Great recipe Desperada! Made for Spring PAC 2009