Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This dish is perfect for an elegant dinner party. Originally from Food Network, courtesy of Emeril Lagasse
- 12 large shrimp, shelled, deveined and butterflied (leave the tail shell on)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon spice essence
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, for garnish
- Sprinkle shrimp with essence.
- In a non-stick skillet, heat oil. Add onion, celery and garlic and cook until mostly tender.
- Add wine and cook 2-3 minutes.
- Add shrimp and cook 2-3 minutes or until pink.
- Add cream, parsley and cayenne and heat to boiling.
- Spoon shrimp and sauce onto two dinner plates and garnish with parsley.
- These are great with the posted recipe for spinach cakes.