Prep 20 mins
Cook 6 mins
a splash of bourbon added to the maple syrup really "kicks it up 10 notches"! try it - you'll see!
- 1 cup real maple syrup
- 1 -3 tablespoon good Bourbon
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 loaf French bread
- 1 -2 tablespoon butter
- 2 -3 large eggs, well beaten
- 1 tablespoon half-and-half or 1 tablespoon light cream
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Heat griddle or frying pan and add butter only to coat the surface.
- Heat syrup in your toaster oven [or microwave].
- Slice French bread on the diagonal, about 1-1/2 to 2 inches thick.
- Blend the well beaten eggs with the cream, vanilla and sugar.
- Dip bread quickly into egg-cream mixture on both sides and lay gently in frying pan.
- Turn when the bottom side is just golden and remove quickly when both sides are done.
- If you think the inside is not well-cooked enough, you can put this in a 350 oven, or in the toaster oven for 10-15 minutes.
- Add bourbon to taste to warm syrup and serve with butter -- .