This recipe offers a perfect application for large white lumps of crabmeat. It is best when prepared the day ahead. There are several aesthetically pleasing ways to present it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb backfin crab meat, picked over
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup vidalia onion, finely chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon orange juice concentrate
- 1 teaspoon lemonade concentrate
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon, zest of, finely grated
- 1/2 teaspoon orange zest, finely grated
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon fresh tarragon leaf, chopped
- chives or parsley, to garnish
- 1Mix all ingredients (except crab) together and pour over crab.
- 2Let set to blend flavors in refrigerator as time permits (for at least 1 hour; preferably for up to 24 hours).
- 3Serve piled in lettuce-lined martini glasses or mounded on scallop shells (available in finer kitchen supply stores).
- 4Endive or cucumber"boats" are a good substitute for these presentations.
- 5Garnish with fresh chives or sprigs of parsley.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Elegant Crab Cocktail
Serving Size: 1 (65 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 152.2
- Calories from Fat 60
- Total Fat 6.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 66.8 mg
- Sodium 385.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 14.9 g