Recipe by Mille®
This recipe offers a perfect application for large white lumps of crabmeat. It is best when prepared the day ahead. There are several aesthetically pleasing ways to present it.
- 1 lb backfin crab meat, picked over
- 1⁄4 cup red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup vidalia onion, finely chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon orange juice concentrate
- 1 teaspoon lemonade concentrate
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon, zest of, finely grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon orange zest, finely grated
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon fresh tarragon leaf, chopped
- chives or parsley, to garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients (except crab) together and pour over crab.
- Let set to blend flavors in refrigerator as time permits (for at least 1 hour; preferably for up to 24 hours).
- Serve piled in lettuce-lined martini glasses or mounded on scallop shells (available in finer kitchen supply stores).
- Endive or cucumber"boats" are a good substitute for these presentations.
- Garnish with fresh chives or sprigs of parsley.