Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
Impress your company with this beautiful torte. Delicious chocolate angel food cake layered with a strawberry whipped cream mixture. Cooking time may vary depending on the angel food cake mix you have.
- To make strawberry puree, mash 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries (or frozen strawberries thawed) in blender or food processor. Cover, blend until smooth. Puree should measure 1 cup.
- Move oven rack to lowest position.
- Sift cocoa over contents of cake flour packet, stir to blend. Proceed with mixing cake as directed on package. Bake and cool as directed for 10-inch tube pan. Carefully run knife along side of pan to loosen cake; remove rom pan. Using a serrated knife, slice cake horizontally into four layers.
- Prepare whipped toppying mix as directed on package, using 1 cup nonfat milk and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Blend in strawberry puree.
- Place bottom cake layer on serving plate; spread with 1/4 of topping. Set next cake layer on top; spread with 1/4 of topping. Continue layering cake and topping. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Slice cake with sharp serrated knife, cutting with gentle sawing motions. Serve sliced cake with strawberry garnishes. Cover; refrigerate leftover cake.