Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is an elegant way to serve meat and vegetables from the grill. You can adjust the spice to suit your preference- most will probably like this spicier than I do!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 large zucchini
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 skewers
- Thinly slice the chicken lengthwise so you end up with thin strips, about an inch wide and 5 inches long, depending on the size of the chicken breasts.
- If the slices are more than a quarter-inch thick, lay out a piece of clingfilm (saran wrap), lay the slices of chicken on top and cover with another piece of clingfilm. Bash with a rolling pin until each slice is a quarter-inch thick.
- Place the chicken in a bowl with the spices, stir and cover. Leave in the fridge for 30 minutes to marinate.
- Meanwhile, prepare and preheat the grill.
- Using a vegetable peeler, slice the zucchini into thin strips the length of the zucchini.
- Thread alternate strips of chicken and zucchini onto the skewers in an "S" shape.
- Drizzle with olive oil and grill for about 15 minutes, turning regularly, until the chicken is cooked through.
This was great. I made as stated except I also added some blanched broccoli to my skewers and served over chicken flavored rice. So yummy. Thanks for posting.
Delicious! We loved the seasonings on the chicken. Thanks for sharing!
Very good and easy and spiced just right! I couldn't cut the zucchini as thin as suggested, so I used zucchini chunks instead of ribbons on the skewers. I also doubled the recipe and used one package of chicken tenders (about 1 pound). Very good and easy dinner which we enjoyed with a tossed salad. Thanks for sharing!