Recipe by Shuzbud
This is an elegant way to serve meat and vegetables from the grill. You can adjust the spice to suit your preference- most will probably like this spicier than I do!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 large zucchini
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 skewers
Directions See How It's Made
- Thinly slice the chicken lengthwise so you end up with thin strips, about an inch wide and 5 inches long, depending on the size of the chicken breasts.
- If the slices are more than a quarter-inch thick, lay out a piece of clingfilm (saran wrap), lay the slices of chicken on top and cover with another piece of clingfilm. Bash with a rolling pin until each slice is a quarter-inch thick.
- Place the chicken in a bowl with the spices, stir and cover. Leave in the fridge for 30 minutes to marinate.
- Meanwhile, prepare and preheat the grill.
- Using a vegetable peeler, slice the zucchini into thin strips the length of the zucchini.
- Thread alternate strips of chicken and zucchini onto the skewers in an "S" shape.
- Drizzle with olive oil and grill for about 15 minutes, turning regularly, until the chicken is cooked through.