1/3 Photos of Elegant Chicken Tetrazzini
I adapted a recipe from Jackie Olden's "Can We Cook" book. This is a delicious dish and fancy enough to serve at a dinner party. My family loves this dish. Definitely not a low fat recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 680.38 g boneless skinless chicken breasts (approx. 4-6 breasts)
- 113.39 g noodles, cooked
- 4.92 ml salt
- 29.58 ml butter
- 59.16 ml parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 (609.51 g) can chicken broth
- 226.79 g mushroom, sliced
- 29.58 ml butter
- 14.79 ml romano cheese, grated
- salt and pepper
- 9.85 ml garlic, minced
- 59.14 ml butter
- 78.07 ml flour
- 473.18 ml cream or 473.18 ml half-and-half
- 236.59 ml chicken broth
- 118.29 ml white wine
- 1Simmer chicken in chicken broth until tender.
- 2When chicken is done, remove from broth and cut into bite size pieces. Save one cup of the broth and discard the rest.
- 4Melt 1/4 cup butter in small sauce pan then add 1/3 flour and cook for 2 minutes Slowly add 2 cups cream,1 cup broth, salt and 1/2 cup wine. Cook gently stirring often, about 5 minutes.
- 5Meanwhile, once the noodles are cooked, drain them and season with 1 teaspoons salt, butter, parmesan cheese and 1 cup of the sauce. Put this mixture into a greased, shallow baking dish.
- 6Saute mushrooms in 2 tablespoons butter for 3 to 4 mins., then season with salt, pepper and garlic for several minutes until tender.
- 7Put mushrooms over noodles and then add chicken breast. Cover with the remaining sauce and sprinkle parmesan cheese and romano cheese over the top and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Elegant Chicken Tetrazzini
Serving Size: 1 (451 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 663.5
- Calories from Fat 414
- Total Fat 46.0 g
- Saturated Fat 26.9 g
- Cholesterol 221.5 mg
- Sodium 1209.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 35.2 g