Recipe by sarahbeier
This recipe is from "Don't Panic- Dinner's in the Freezer" I have not yet tried it, but plan to make it in my next session. I'm posting it now so I can add it to my shopping list, but will update once we've tried it. Sounds delicious, though. Update 8/13/08: Cooked this two weeks ago, and made it last night for dinner. I'm not sure that we'll make it again, since the flavors were good, but not enough to make up for the extra effort on cooking day.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 cup ground beef
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces cream cheese with garlic and herbs
- 2 tablespoons honey
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chicken breasts in side-by-side pairs between two pieces of plastic wrap. Beat with meat mallet until breasts are 1/2 inch thick. You should have four breasts that are all connected in a long row to form a rectangle.
- Cook ground beef until just browned. Add fresh chives, salt, and pepper. Cool.
- Spread chicken with cream cheese. Top with beef, spreading evenly. Starting at narrow end, roll up the chicken to form a tight log.
- Place a layer of foil in a loaf pan, then a layer of plastic wrap on top of the foil- making sure to leave enough overlapping to wrap the entire roll. Place the roll in the loaf pan and freeze just until the roll will hold its shape, then remove from pan, place loaf in plastic bag, label, and freeze completely.
- On serving day, place roll in loaf pan, allow to thaw completely. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. When roll is thawed, brush with honey and bake for 60 minutes. Remove from pan and slice thinly.