1/1 Photo of Elegant Chicken Oscar
Sharon Anne's Note:
This elegant main dish isn't difficult to make. You can substitute your favorite hollandaise sauce, but I've included mine below (plus the COW SOUP MIX, and info on the amazing thickener it's made with).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup imitation crabmeat, flaked
- 1/2 lb asparagus tips, lightly steamed
Deliciously Easy Hollandaise
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup powdered milk (actually 1/4 c COW SOUP MIX, see below)
- 2 egg yolks (freeze whites for another use)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash white pepper
- 3 tablespoons salted butter, melted
- 1 dash paprika (sprinkled per chicken breast and overtop of hollandaise)
- 1 dash dry parsley flakes (ditto)
- 1Place chicken breasts, one at a time, into a plastic bag; pound to 1/4-inch thick, and then cut each in half. Dredge in a mix of flour, salt and pepper.
- 2Heat oil in a large skillet, browning each side for 3-5 minutes. Remove from heat and sprinkle with flaked crabmeat, garnish with asparagus tips.
- 3Prepare the hollandaise, blending the ingredients (except butter) together. While blending, slowly drizzle in melted butter. Ladle over top of crabmeat and chicken.
- 4Sprinkle with paprika and parsley and heat through, in a 350°F oven about 10 minutes.
- 6Tips: Zap leftover sauce in microwave for 30 seconds and use to spoon over a side dish of asparagus.
- 7COW SOUP MIX: (Cream-Of-Whatever) 2 c powdered milk (best if NOT instant), 3/4 c Instant ClearJel®*, 3 Tbsp dry chicken bouillon, 1 Tbsp onion powder, 1 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp white pepper. Mix thoroughly, store in an airtight container and use within 12 months.
- 8Freeze leftover egg whites in an ice cube tray. To brush as "glue" for seeds or toppings over bread dough, thaw and mix with a little water.
- 9*Instant ClearJel®: Which I affectionately refer to as ICJ. For info about this amazing modified food starch (MFS thickener) visit my cooking site. http://www.sharonanne.com/mfs_chart.htm.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Elegant Chicken Oscar
Serving Size: 1 (157 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 214.8
- Calories from Fat 84
- Total Fat 9.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 102.4 mg
- Sodium 470.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 20.2 g