Recipe by Parkers Mom
I promise this is the best cordon bleu you will ever have. Though this is a very time consuming recipe but well worth it.
Top Review by newlywedcooker
It was overall good. The mushroom sauce was a bit too thick & heavy to eat with the already rich cordon bleu. It was extremely time consuming for the overall taste. If it was outstanding I would consider using my time to make it again, unfortunately it wasnt.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 slices deli ham, thin slices
- 4 slices swiss cheese
- 4 slices bacon
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- parmesan cheese
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- The day before serving flatten chicken breast with the flat side of meat mallet.
- Place 1 slice of ham and 1 slice of swiss cheese on each half of chicken breast.
- Roll up like a jely roll, folding in the sides to hold in the ham and cheese.
- Wrap a slice of bacon around each roll.
- Put a kabob stick in each roll to hold the roll together.
- Place rolls in a greased baking dish.
- Pour melted butter and garlic over rolls.
- Sprinkle with bread crumbs and parmesian cheese (Cover and refrigerate).
- The day of serving bake at 350 for 45 minutes.
- For sauce:.
- Heat soups and mushrooms until smooth.
- Blend in one cup of sour cream.
- Pour over rolls.