1/2 Photos of Elegant Chicken Avocado
Susie in Texas's Note:
When I first came across this recipe, I didn't think I would like it, but I decided to give it a try. Boy, am I glad I did! The seasonings meld together and make a wonderful sauce. This is a great choice when you want something a little extra special or for company. If you only need 4 servings, make less cooked rice and only use 4 breast halves. I have also prepared this recipe using turkey tenderloins.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup chicken broth (may use bouillon)
- 2 carrots, sliced thin
- 3 celery ribs, sliced thin
- 1/3 cup half-and-half cream
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- 1 avocado, peeled and sliced in thin strips (wait until the last minute so avocado doesn't turn brown)
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds
- 1Using a large heavy skillet, heat the oil over medium heat.
- 2Add the ginger, cinnamon, paprika, curry, salt and pepper to the oil.
- 3Stir and cook the spices in the oil for 2 minutes.
- 4Add the chicken pieces and cook over medium heat on each side for approximately 5 minutes or till lightly browned.
- 5Remove chicken from pan.
- 6Pour off any excess oil from the skillet.
- 7Add wine to the skillet and deglaze for about 1 minute.
- 8Add broth, carrots and celery and return chicken to the skillet, bringing all to a boil.
- 9Reduce heat to low.
- 10Cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until chicken pieces are tender.
- 11Remove chicken from skillet; keep warm.
- 12Add half and half to skillet, stirring until incorporated, over low heat.
- 13Place rice on platter and distribute chicken pieces on top of rice.
- 14Place avocado slices on top then pour sauce mixture over all.
- 15Sprinkle top with slivered almonds.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Elegant Chicken Avocado
Serving Size: 1 (350 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 429.3
- Calories from Fat 143
- Total Fat 15.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 73.4 mg
- Sodium 373.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 32.6 g