Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I love chicken, and this is a favorite of mine. It's a little time consuming wrapping everything up, but the results are so worth it. Serve with rice, noodles, pasta, it doesn't matter...the sauce tastes fine with any.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 6 slices bacon (uncooked)
- 6 slices ham (thinly sliced)
- 2 packages puff pastry
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pound/flatten each chicken breast lightly.
- Wrap each chicken breast in a slice of ham, then tightly wrap a slice of bacon around the ham; secure with toothpicks if necessary.
- Place in a baking dish.
- Blend together sour cream and undiluted mushroom soup, then pour over the chicken breasts.
- Bake seam side down for about 30 minutes.
- Remove chicken from dish, and set aside cream sauce.
- Cut the puff pastry into 6 separate rectangles.
- Place each chicken breast on the bottom half of a rectangle, then fold the pastry over and seal, to form a square packet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about another 20-30 minutes, until pastry puffy and golden.
- Serve hot with warm cream sauce poured over.