Recipe by Julie Tremmel
Found this in a TOH Holiday cookbook. Great for entertaining. Cooking time is the refrigeration time needed.
- 32 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons black pepper, coarsely ground
- 1 (5 3/4 ounce) jar stuffed green olives, chop
- 32 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded & at room temp
- 3⁄4 cup apple cider, room temp
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 cup pecans, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixing bowl beat cream cheese and butter until smooth. Remove 3 1/2 cups into small bowl; stir in pepper and set aside. Fold in olives into remaining cream cheese mixture.
- Spread olive cream cheese evenly over bottom of 9 inch springform pan; set aside. In a mixing bowl beat cheddar, cider and paprika on low 1 minute and then on high until smooth. Spread half over olive cream cheese layer. Top with peppered cheese. Top with remaining cheddar layer.
- Cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate 6 hours until firm. Remove from springform pan and place on serving plate. Press toasted pecans into top. Serve garnished with grapes if desired, with assorted crackers.