Carrie Ann's Note:
This is a delicious side dish that I make for special occasions. This makes a very thick sauce and I like to thin it a little with butter which results in a richer tasting sauce.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place broccoli in 9x13 dish.
- 2In saucepan, over medium heat, melt butter.
- 3Add flour, oxo and salt; stir to form a smooth paste.
- 4Gradually add milk, stirring constantly; bring to a boil.
- 5Cook and stir 2 minutes.
- 6Add cream cheese; stir until melted (if mixture seems too thick, add a small amount of hot, melted butter to thin).
- 7Add onions.
- 8Pour over broccoli.
- 9Sprinkle with cheese and paprika.
- 10Bake in pre-heated 350 degree oven for 25 minutes or until bubbly.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Elegant Broccoli
Serving Size: 1 (154 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 167.8
- Calories from Fat 98
- Total Fat 10.9 g
- Saturated Fat 6.6 g
- Cholesterol 32.4 mg
- Sodium 232.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 7.7 g