This is a simple recipe that I like to make with our first crop from the garden. Fresh herbs make this a delight. Prep time will depend on the size of your kohlrabi. Expect to be present for the duration of the cooking of this dish. Enjoy!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Trim and peel kohlrabi.
- 2Cut kohlrabi either into 1/4 inch disks or strips.
- 3Place butter in skillet and melt.
- 4Over medium heat add the kohlrabi, adjust heat if necessary so that butter does not brown.
- 5Toss to coat kohlrabi with butter.
- 6Sprinkle in tarragon and add the stock.
- 7Cover and continue to cook approximately 10-15 minutes, until slightly tender.
- 8Uncover and turn the heat up a bit.
- 9Cook until the kohlrabi is slightly colored.
- 10Add freshly ground pepper and salt.
- 11Remove to serving dish.
- 12Sprinkle with fresh parsley to taste.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Elegant Braised Kohlrabi
Serving Size: 1 (144 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 98.2
- Calories from Fat 53
- Total Fat 5.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 85.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.1 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 3.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: