Recipe by Wasyetz
This is a simple recipe that I like to make with our first crop from the garden. Fresh herbs make this a delight. Prep time will depend on the size of your kohlrabi. Expect to be present for the duration of the cooking of this dish. Enjoy!!
Top Review by Elmotoo
Absolutely lovely recipe. PLEASE be sure to pare your kohlrabi carefully as the outside is very woody & nasty. I also used dried tarragon & a splash of cream at the end. Delightful. Except for the tough edges. :(
- 1 1⁄2 lbs kohlrabi
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable stock or 1⁄4 cup chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon fresh tarragon, finely chopped
- black pepper
- chopped fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim and peel kohlrabi.
- Cut kohlrabi either into 1/4 inch disks or strips.
- Place butter in skillet and melt.
- Over medium heat add the kohlrabi, adjust heat if necessary so that butter does not brown.
- Toss to coat kohlrabi with butter.
- Sprinkle in tarragon and add the stock.
- Cover and continue to cook approximately 10-15 minutes, until slightly tender.
- Uncover and turn the heat up a bit.
- Cook until the kohlrabi is slightly colored.
- Add freshly ground pepper and salt.
- Remove to serving dish.
- Sprinkle with fresh parsley to taste.