Prep 40 mins
Cook 15 mins
Make and share this Elegant Berry Trifle recipe from Food.com.
- 3 (3 1/2 ounce) packages vanilla instant pudding mix, prepared according to package directions
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons almond extract, divided
- 1⁄2 cup white grape juice
- 1 (12 ounce) pound cake, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 1⁄2 cup Smucker's® Red Raspberry Preserves
- 1⁄2 cup Smucker's® Seedless Black Raspberry Jam
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 crisp almond macaroons, crushed or 1⁄4 cup toasted slivered almonds
- PREPARE pudding mixes according to package directions. Blend in 1 teaspoon almond extract; set aside. Combine remaining 1/2 teaspoon extract with grape juice in small bowl; set aside.
- SPREAD 1/4 of pound cake slices with raspberry preserves and 1/4 with blackberry jam; top each spread slice with unspread slice to form "sandwiches." Cut sandwiches into 3/4-inch pieces. Reserve a few pieces for garnish; sprinkle remaining pieces with grape juice mixture.
- SPOON 1/3 of pudding into 6-cup dessert dish or trifle bowl. Alternate raspberry and blackberry cake pieces in pattern on pudding, using half of pieces. Repeat layers; top with remaining pudding. Refrigerate several hours.
- Shortly before serving: WHIP cream with powdered sugar and vanilla extract until soft peaks form. Sprinkle crushed macaroons around edge of dish. Pipe rosettes or spoon dollops of whipped cream on top of trifle; garnish with reserved cake pieces.
- Tip: Add fresh berries between layers if desired.