Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
From the Prince Edward Island Potato Board, a lovely Canadian version of Hasselback potatoes.
- 4 baking potatoes
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped (or thyme)
- 1⁄4 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- Scrub potatoes.
- Cut, crosswise, into thin slices, using the handle of a wooden spoon to prevent knife from cutting all the way through.
- Put potatoes in a baking dish; fan slightly. Drizzle with butter.
- Sprinkle with salt and herbs.
- Bake potatoes in 425°F (220°C) oven for 50 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- Sprinkle with cheeses.
- Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until lightly browned and cheeses are melted.
These are WONDERFUL potatoes!!!!!!!!!!! And SO ELEGANT looking with almost no fuss at all!!!!!!! HIGHLY recommend, especially for company!!! :) The only teensy thing I did different, was I used that Sargento 5-Blend Mexican cheese, love that stuff! And used 2 bamboo skewers on each side of the potatoes as a cutting guide. They work even better than wooden spoons, because you can get even closer to the bottom without cutting too far! :) TY so very much for sharing this AWESOME recipe!!!!!!! :) :) :)
What an excellent way to dress-up boring ol' baked potatoes! Cutting them is the most difficult part. I appreciate the tip on using the wooden spoons. I used olive oil instead of the butter. I only had 2% cheese in the house. I think it would have worked better with a better quality of both cheeses. The finished texture is closer to home fries than a baked potato, which I really liked.
These were one of our side dishes for our Valentine's dinner. My BF Mike and I really enjoyed them, and we both agree these will be a regular addition to our meal rotation because the potatoes are both delicious and easy to prepare with wonderful results. Company worthy, these can be served with the simplest meal or the most elegant meal you can come up with! Cassie