Recipe by Nose
This recipe is healthy, simple, and elegant enough for a party. It originally came from a restaurant in the Napa Valley of California. This cooks fast, so have the rest of your dishes ready or nearly ready by the time you put the fish in the oven. I have used tilapia but any white fish fillets should work.
Top Review by nina22541
Recipe sounds good but how can 3/4-1 lb serve 3-4 ? I can eat 1lb baked fish on my own, I'm a fish lover. Pictures look yummy. Are you sure about the servings? Thanks for the recipes though sounds good.
- 3⁄4-1 lb fresh tilapia fillets or 3⁄4-1 lb other white fish fillet
- 1 lemon
- 1 tomatoes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme or 3⁄4 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons white wine (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
- Slice lemon and tomato into thin slices.
- Lay fillets in a single layer in a baking dish.
- Bake for 3 to 5 minutes, until they start to draw up and turn white.
- Remove from oven.
- Alternate slices of lemon and tomato on fish.
- Sprinkle with thyme and wine (if using).
- Bake 3 to 5 minutes more, or longer, until fish flakes with a fork.