Recipe by Ms B.
This is an adopted recipe that I have not yet tried. The original chef comments: "I just love this steak. I have had the recipe buried for years and just came across it after unpacking some old dusty boxes. What delicious treasures I had hidden from myself! This came from an old friend in Indiana that got published in Cooking Light magazine many moons ago. If you are a beef eater like my family, this is going to become one of your favorites as well as ours!"
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean flank steak
- 3⁄4 cup rose wine (as always, one for chef)
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- vegetable oil cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim fat from steak.
- Combine steak and next 6 ingredients in a large zip lock bag, and seal, marinating in fridge 8 hours, turning occasionally.
- Remove steak from marinade, reserving marinade.
- Place steak on a rack coated with vegetable cooking spray and place rack in broiler pan.
- Broil steak 3 inches from heat 7 minutes on each side or to desired degree of dines.
- Cut steak diagonally across grain (always) into thin slices.
- Keep warm.
- Pour reserved marinade in a large skillet.
- Bring to a boil, and cook 5 minutes or until liquid evaporates, stirring occasionally.
- Serve onions with steak.
- ** THIS IS ALSO GREAT ON THE GRILL!