Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This fast and flavorful dish would be great both as a side dish or as a vegetarian entree. Fresh vegetables, herbs, and crunchy almonds jazz up tender, fluffy couscous and make this recipe a real winner! Recipe is from Light and Tasty.
- 1 (14 ounce) can vegetable broth or 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1 (10 ounce) package couscous
- 1⁄3 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup slivered toasted almond
- Bring broth and wine to boil in small saucepan.
- Stir in couscous; cover and remove from heat, and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, saute onion and garlic in oil for 2 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and cook 2 minutes longer.
- Add carrot, green onions, parsley, salt, thyme and pepper, and cook 2 minutes more or until vegetables are tender.
- Fluff couscous with fork and stir into vegetable mixture; sprinkle with almonds before serving.
ok so I've drank an equivalent of a bottle of wine but we had friends over for dinner and I served this with fruited cornish hens and brussels sprouts and this made the meal . Two thumbs up