Prep 6 mins
Cook 1 min
All natural ingredients. This prevents dehydration caused by vomiting and diarrea. This solution immediately stopped my 2 year old's constant vomiting. Base of recipe obtained from a heath information phone service in the province of Quebec, Canada.
- 2 1⁄2 cups water (spring water, city tap water boiled for 1 minute if spring not available)
- 1 1⁄2 cups freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- Mix all ingredients together.
- For constant vomiting administer 1/2 tsp every 5 minutes for 2 hours. Introduce food after 1 1/2 hours, unsalted, not highly sugary. Bread, fruit etc, are good choices.
- For diarrea give 1/4 - 1/2 cup after each loose stool.
This does taste good after a hot day! I used a little less salt and it was a great pick me up. Made for Australian Recipe Swap-July 2010.
Perfect after a long workout. I made this for my husband in place of the expensive bottled sports drinks. Thanks for posting. Made for Went to the Market tag.
We buy pre-made orange flavour electrolyte all the time, hubby drinks it during summer when he is dehydrate. He also drinks it when his has gastro. The pre-made product can be costly. I made this for hubby after he has been working in a hot sun and it's been really helpful. I would be also happy to put the solution into ice block moulds and give it to Little Miss (DD) when she needs it. Thank you UmmBinat for posting your recipe (it's going to save heaps of money and we know exactly what's in it)