Prep 15 mins
Cook 24 mins
Have a new pressure cooker and no recipe so this is what I put together. Similar to others but not exactly the same. I think it needs more tomato taste. Use a 5 quart electric pressure cooker
- 1⁄2 lb of beef stew meat
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 3 1⁄2 cups water, divided
- 4 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 medium russet potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 2⁄3 cup Minute Rice
- in the electric pressure cooker -- following cooker instructions brown the meat in hot oil for 2-3 minutes.
- add the salt, pepper, basil, tomatoes, worchestershire, 1/2 cup water.
- cook on high pressure for 12 minutes.
- release pressure using quick release method.
- add all the vegetables, rice and three cups of water.
- cook on high pressure for 12 more minutes.
- let pressure cooker cool and the pressure release on it's own.
- ready to serve.
The basic recipe was good: the electric pressure cooker timing is right on the mark. I added sweet potatoes and extra carrots but omitted rice. Thanks for the recipe.