Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
This beastly weather had me searching for something refreshing but not the same old thing - I think this qualifies! From Better Homes and Gardens, June 2011.
- 1 cup fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1 cup sparkling water
- 1 dash ginger ale
- 2 -3 cups ice
- 1 cup vodka
- 4 mint sprigs, for garnish
- 4 lemon slices, for garnish
- Chill four serving glasses in the freezer.
- Combine the lemon juice, sugar, mint, sparkling mineral water, ginger ale and ice in a blender and blend slowly until it's thick.
- Remove the glasses from the freezer and pour 1/4 cup vodka into each glass.
- Top with the frozen lemon mixture.
- Add a straw and garnish with mint and lemon slice.
Loved this drink!!! I love lemon so this was an easy tag for me. I made this for 1 serving and used fresh squeezed lemon juice, therefore my photo isn't very yellowish other then the lemon slice. I thought I had some frozen mint leaves but found only sage, thyme and chives, so had to omit them and I used Sprite Zero in place of the sparkling water and ginger ale. I think the mint would even make this more refreshing, will plan to make it again when I buy mint leaves again. Thanks so much for sharing the recipe. Made for 123 Tag Game.
I made it yesterday. It was so warm yesterday and this drink was very refreshing. We loved the taste. It's just perfect. I didn't add the sparkling water and ginger ale to the blender. I added it after in the pitcher and stired. Thanks duonyte :) Made for PRMR tag game
Seriously refreshing....this certainly made my lips tingle!