Prep 1 hr
Cook 3 mins
Lemonade for adults only, beware!
- 473.18 ml sugar
- 473.18 ml water
- 236.59 ml fresh lemon juice
- 1 large mint sprig, finely chopped,plus sprigs for garnish
- 226.79 g lemon-flavored vodka
- 0.25 ml sparkling water
- 14.79 ml freshly grated lemon, zest of (, to garnish)
- Mix the sugar and water in a small pot and boil for 3 minutes to make a simple syrup.
- Let cool.
- In medium bowl, stir together 1 cup syrup (leftover syrup can be refrigerated indefinitely), the lemon juice and the chopped mint.
- Pour mixture into ice-cube tray and freeze for one hour.
- In a blender, blend together frozen cubes, sparkling water, chopped mint and vodka.
- Pour into chilled glasses.
- Garnish with mint sprigs and lemon zest.
DH and I loved this in the evening. Good alcoholic kick to my favourite citrus beverage. The proportions were perfect.