Prep 1 hr
Cook 3 mins
Lemonade for adults only, beware!
Make and share this Electric Lemonade recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 large mint sprig, finely chopped,plus sprigs for garnish
- 8 ounces lemon-flavored vodka
- 1 dash sparkling water
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated lemon, zest of (, to garnish)
- Mix the sugar and water in a small pot and boil for 3 minutes to make a simple syrup.
- Let cool.
- In medium bowl, stir together 1 cup syrup (leftover syrup can be refrigerated indefinitely), the lemon juice and the chopped mint.
- Pour mixture into ice-cube tray and freeze for one hour.
- In a blender, blend together frozen cubes, sparkling water, chopped mint and vodka.
- Pour into chilled glasses.
- Garnish with mint sprigs and lemon zest.
DH and I loved this in the evening. Good alcoholic kick to my favourite citrus beverage. The proportions were perfect.