1 hr 15 mins
The classic (there must be a million of these on here already!) with some healthier twists, as made by my gram.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces wide egg noodles, cooked al dente
- 1 cup light mayonnaise or 1 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 cup light sour cream or 1 cup fat free sour cream
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup nonfat milk
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- kosher salt
- freshly cracked pepper
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tuna, drained
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/3 cup sliced green onion
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 350. Butter 2qt. baking dish.
- 2Cook noodles till slightly al dente, 4-5 min, drain.
- 3Combine mayo, sour cream, parmesan cheese, milk, mustard and spices. Add hot noodles to this mixture in a large bowl.
- 4Add tuna, peas, red pepper and green onions, turning gently till well combined.
- 5Taste for seasoning and add salt and pepper to taste.
- 6Pour mixture into buttered baking dish, sprinkle with bread crumbs if desired, and cover with tin foil.
- 7Bake at 350 for 40-45 minutes, uncovering for last 5 minutes.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Eleanor's Lighter Tuna Noodle Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (247 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 481.2
- Calories from Fat 218
- Total Fat 24.3 g
- Saturated Fat 7.1 g
- Cholesterol 88.6 mg
- Sodium 551.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 25.6 g