Recipe by MelMay
The classic (there must be a million of these on here already!) with some healthier twists, as made by my gram.
- 8 ounces wide egg noodles, cooked al dente
- 1 cup light mayonnaise or 1 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 cup light sour cream or 1 cup fat free sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat milk
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried dill
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery seed
- kosher salt
- freshly cracked pepper
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tuna, drained
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1⁄3 cup sliced green onion
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350. Butter 2qt. baking dish.
- Cook noodles till slightly al dente, 4-5 min, drain.
- Combine mayo, sour cream, parmesan cheese, milk, mustard and spices. Add hot noodles to this mixture in a large bowl.
- Add tuna, peas, red pepper and green onions, turning gently till well combined.
- Taste for seasoning and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour mixture into buttered baking dish, sprinkle with bread crumbs if desired, and cover with tin foil.
- Bake at 350 for 40-45 minutes, uncovering for last 5 minutes.