Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
These are incredible, but mine are always a little "wet".
- 2 lbs baking potatoes, peeled
- 1 1⁄2 cups light cream
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
- Slice potatoes 1/8" thick.
- Layer in 1 1/2 quart baking dish, 2" deep.
- Heat cream with garlic, salt and pepper.
- Pour hot cream over potatoes.
- Cream should come to the top layer but not cover it.
- Dot with butter.
- Bake at 300°, until potatoes are tender and cream absorbed,.
- at least one hour.
- Serves 6.