Recipe by Diana #2
Until I met my Mother-In-Law, I always thought fruit salad came from a tin...imagine eh! This is very easy to make and so good. This can be made with canned pineapple, but if available use fresh. It makes the world of difference. For extra colour, you can add halved Bing cherries. Don't forget to try it on vanilla ice cream :) NOTE: Cooking time is chilling time.
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and core pineapple. Cut into chunks and put in a large bowl. Clear glass if possible.
- Cut the top and bottom off the oranges so that they will sit firmly on the cutting board. With a sharp knife, and following the contour of the orange, cut away the peel and remove all pith. Holding the naked orange over your bowl, use the knife to cut into each segment. You want only the flesh. This gets messy, so make sure all the juice drops into the bowl with the pineapple.
- Peel the bananas and cut into thick slices.
- Gently stir. You want the banana pieces to get covered with the juices to prevent them from turning brown.
- Chill for a few hours before serving.
- This is best used within 3 days -- if it lasts that long.