Recipe by MIke B
My Mother gave me this recipe over 30 years ago when I left home and it was my first attempt at baking as a kid. I am now 50
- 2 cups Crisco shortening (non butter flavor)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 5 cups flour (measured not sifted)
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 4 cups chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend the first 4 ingredients until completely blended together.
- Mix Flour soda salt together.
- Add flour mixture about 1 cup at a time.
- It will seem stiff when done.
- Add choclate chips about 1 cup at a time Drop by teasp. onto lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350° until pale golden. Longer if crunchy cookies wanted.
- It will make a lot. I have never counted the amount they disapear to fast.