Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
A delicious spread. Enjoy on bread or with (aromatic) cheese(s). Makes a very nice present. When the elder is in blossom in late spring it's time to collect its umbels/heads and make use of their delicious, fresh, lightly sour sweet taste. Prep. time comes without overnight soaking.
- 12 elderflower heads
- 1 liter water
- 500 g jam sugar (2 -- 1)
- 2 lemons (freshly squeezed)
- 2 oranges (freshly squeezed)
- Mix together water, the elderflower, lemon- and orangejuice and let sit for 12 hours (best overnight).
- Strain into a pot (best through a close-mesh sieve) and mix with jam sugar.
- Bring mixture to a boil and transfer to sterile jam jars.