Taylor in Belgium's Note:
Strange as it sounds, this is a delicious, unusual cold soup to serve for a special luncheon with dainty finger sandwiches.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Remove berries from stems, wash with cold water and let drain.
- 2Bring 4 cups water to boil, add the berries and let cook over a soft fire with a lid on, for about 15 minutes.
- 3Press the berries and water through a sieve and return to the fire.
- 4Add the cinnamon stick, the lemon peel, the sugar and the salt.
- 5Peel the pears, core and cut in thin slices into the berry mixture.
- 6Let the pears cook in the soup for a few minutes.
- 7Take out the cinnamon stick and the lemon peel.
- 8Mix the cornstarch with the white wine and pour into soup to thicken it.
- 9Chill the soup in the refrigerator.
- 10Serve with a dollop whipped cream on top.
Browse Our Top Pears Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pears Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Elderberry Soup
Serving Size: 1 (449 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 408.8
- Calories from Fat 27
- Total Fat 3.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 5.7 mg
- Sodium 70.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 95.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 20.0 g
- Sugars 42.4 g
- Protein 2.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, rind of