Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
Strange as it sounds, this is a delicious, unusual cold soup to serve for a special luncheon with dainty finger sandwiches.
- Remove berries from stems, wash with cold water and let drain.
- Bring 4 cups water to boil, add the berries and let cook over a soft fire with a lid on, for about 15 minutes.
- Press the berries and water through a sieve and return to the fire.
- Add the cinnamon stick, the lemon peel, the sugar and the salt.
- Peel the pears, core and cut in thin slices into the berry mixture.
- Let the pears cook in the soup for a few minutes.
- Take out the cinnamon stick and the lemon peel.
- Mix the cornstarch with the white wine and pour into soup to thicken it.
- Chill the soup in the refrigerator.
- Serve with a dollop whipped cream on top.