This is my father's recipe. After many years, I finally got him to write it down. I go out in the fields about August 1st (in my area) and harvest some wild elderberries to make this delicious pie. My Grandson toke the top prize at the FFA Pie aution in 2006 with this pie.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine berries, sugar, flour, and lemon juice in a medium sauce pan.
- 2Heat mixture until it just starts to boil, stirring occassionaly.
- 3Remove from heat and let cool for 15 minutes.
- 4Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 5Spread bottom crust in a 9 inch pie pan.
- 6Spread berry mixture in pie shell.
- 7Sprinkle cinnamon on top.
- 8Dot butter on top.
- 9Put top crust on and seal edges.
- 10Poke several vent holes in top crust.
- 11Bake at 425 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 minutes. Turn oven down to 350 degrees Fahrenheit, leaving pie in oven, and bake for 30 minutes longer.
Browse Our Top Pies and Tarts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pies and Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Elderberry Pie
Serving Size: 1 (165 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 221.8
- Calories from Fat 29
- Total Fat 3.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 7.6 mg
- Sodium 30.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 31.3 g
- Protein 1.1 g