Prep 10 mins
Cook 41 mins
the blackbery is very good. have not tried the other berries.
- 4 cups berries (elderberry or raspberries, blackberries, gooseberries or logan berries)
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 apple, peeled,cored and grated
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Wash the berries and put into a large bowl.
- Add the grated apple and lemon juice, and cover with pierced plastic wrap.
- Cook for 7 or 8 minutes on high, then leave to stand for 10 minutes, covered Stir in the sugar and cook uncovered for 15-20 minutes on high, Test by stirring with a wooden spoon, If it leaves a channel, the setting point has been reached.
- If not, cook for a further 2 or 3 minutes on high.
- Pour into hot sterilized jars.
- seal and cover.