Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I got this recipe from my friend Bethan in Wales. She's a vegetarian and always attends these wonderful meetings that involve very health conscious people. She often shares things with me and I was delighted when she sent me this little brochure with 3 very interesting Herbal Recipes that were put out by the West Wales Herb Group. I thought I'd share them with everyone on Recipezaar. I haven't made any of these as of yet, but if I do, I'll use agave nectar in it instead of sugar.
- Simmer the three above ingredients in 1 pint (2 cups of water) for 20 minutes.
- Let stand for 1/2 hour.
- Strain through a sieve pressing well.
- Then, add enough water to the simmered ingredients to bring the volume back up to 1 pint of liquid.
- Add the sugar and gently heat to dissolve the sugar in the hot liquid.
- Allow to cool and then pour into dark bottles and keep somewhere cool.
- Dosage: 2 teaspoons in a little water 3 times a day.