Chef Joey Z.'s Note:
I got this recipe from my friend Bethan in Wales. She's a vegetarian and always attends these wonderful meetings that involve very health conscious people. She often shares things with me and I was delighted when she sent me this little brochure with 3 very interesting Herbal Recipes that were put out by the West Wales Herb Group. I thought I'd share them with everyone on Recipezaar. I haven't made any of these as of yet, but if I do, I'll use agave nectar in it instead of sugar.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Simmer the three above ingredients in 1 pint (2 cups of water) for 20 minutes.
- 2Let stand for 1/2 hour.
- 3Strain through a sieve pressing well.
- 4Then, add enough water to the simmered ingredients to bring the volume back up to 1 pint of liquid.
- 5Add the sugar and gently heat to dissolve the sugar in the hot liquid.
- 6Allow to cool and then pour into dark bottles and keep somewhere cool.
- 7Dosage: 2 teaspoons in a little water 3 times a day.
Browse Our Top Low Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Elderberry Cough Syrup
Serving Size: 1 (890 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 625.4
- Calories from Fat 4
- Total Fat 0.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 14.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 161.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 149.7 g
- Protein 0.4 g