Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
On one of my many cookbook /recipe searches , I found a cookbook called Americana Cookery. I liked the name , but I loved some of the recipes in it even more. Thought I might place some of them here for safe keeping and to share
- Gather 32 elderberry blossoms with stems.
- Wash Carefully.
- Dry on towel.
- Heat oil about 1 inch deep in skillet.
- Sift dry ingredients together.
- Beat egg and milk.
- Add to flour mixture.
- Dip Blossoms into batter.
- Holding by stems.
- Drop into hot oil.
- Fry to golden brown.
- Serve with maple syruo and sausages if desired.