Recipe by SchnauzerMama
This is a great recipe for those who not only need to avoid gluten, but also need to be grain-free and/or watch their carbs. No rice flour, corn flour or other high carb, gluten-free flours.
Top Review by Tbdream
This turned out really well! I substituted coconut oil for the shortening. I also used 4 mashed bananas. A few were on the smaller side. Did not add chocolate, but did add walnuts instead.
- 3 bananas, mashed (approx. 1 1/2 cups)
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄4 cup vegan palm oil shortening
- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup chocolate chips (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Pulse bananas, eggs, vanilla, honey and shortening in a food processor.
- Pulse in almond flour, salt and baking soda.
- If desired, pulse chocolate chips into batter.
- Scoop batter into a greased 7.5 x 3.5 inch loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 55-60 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.