This is a great recipe for those who not only need to avoid gluten, but also need to be grain-free and/or watch their carbs. No rice flour, corn flour or other high carb, gluten-free flours.
- Pulse bananas, eggs, vanilla, honey and shortening in a food processor.
- Pulse in almond flour, salt and baking soda.
- If desired, pulse chocolate chips into batter.
- Scoop batter into a greased 7.5 x 3.5 inch loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 55-60 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
This turned out really well! I substituted coconut oil for the shortening. I also used 4 mashed bananas. A few were on the smaller side. Did not add chocolate, but did add walnuts instead.
Fabulous! Moist and sweet! For those counting carbs, the true count per serving is 12.4 grams when you include the almond meal.
This really is great. The food processor seems critical. I baked it in two mini loaf pans for about 45 minutes. I also used butter instead of palm oil since it's not off the list for me.