Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a great recipe for those who not only need to avoid gluten, but also need to be grain-free and/or watch their carbs. No rice flour, corn flour or other high carb, gluten-free flours.
- Pulse bananas, eggs, vanilla, honey and shortening in a food processor.
- Pulse in almond flour, salt and baking soda.
- If desired, pulse chocolate chips into batter.
- Scoop batter into a greased 7.5 x 3.5 inch loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 55-60 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
This turned out really well! I substituted coconut oil for the shortening. I also used 4 mashed bananas. A few were on the smaller side. Did not add chocolate, but did add walnuts instead.
Fair, just not sweet enough. Used pecan pieces instead of Chocolate. Needs way more sweetener. the bananas may not have been ripe enough. would suggest letting them get very ripe. also, would recommend adding Spenda - just not sure how muck. May try butter, more ripe bananas and at least splends or possibly Stevia by the bulk which is VERY sweet - will have to figure out how much. this is a good start but needs tweaking. maybe 1/2 coconut flour, 1/2 almond flour and sweetener.
Fabulous! Moist and sweet! For those counting carbs, the true count per serving is 12.4 grams when you include the almond meal.