Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
A simple meat sauce from my mom; same recipe for 40 years! I season it differently almost every time and it always tastes great. Sometimes I add mushrooms and/or stewed tomatoes.
- 2 lbs hamburger
- 1 medium onion
- 2 (10 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (12 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- finely dice an onion, then.
- brown burger and onion in medium pot.
- pour off fat.
- add tomato sauce and paste.
- cook well on low for 30 minutes.
- dissolve brown sugar into recipe before serving.
- season as desired.
- serve over pasta or use in lasagna.