Recipe by KDSCOMOX
My mom's delicious lasagna recipe.
Top Review by diner524
Wonderful lasagna and very similar to my go to recipe!!! I probably doubled the amount of mozzarella cheese for the recipe, as we like it nice and cheesy. We had our DS and his girlfriend over for dinner and we all loved the lasagna, which I served with homemade rolls and green beans and a devils food cake for dessert, yummo!! Thanks for sharing your recipe. Made for Spring 2013 PAC.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 medium chopped onion
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 2 tablespoons parsley flakes
- 500 ml cottage cheese
- 2 beaten eggs
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 1⁄2 cups diced tomatoes
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 8 lasagna noodles
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onions and garlic in olive oil.
- Add ground beef and cook until brown.
- Meanwhile, simmer tomatoes, tomatoe paste, and spices in a medium pot.
- Add ground beef when done.
- Boil lasagna noodles according to package instructions.
- Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Combine cottage cheese, eggs and parmesan cheese in a bowl.
- Layer lasagna noodles, cheese and sauce. Repeat layers one more time. Top with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake at 350 F for 40 minutes.