Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe is from an old friend of my mother's and has always been a favorite. It turns out silky smooth and decadent.
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon white corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 2 ounces baking chocolate, unsweetened, roughly chopped (2 squares)
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- Place all ingredients in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Once chocolate is melted, increase burner temperature to high heat.
- Bring to a rolling boil, stirring constantly for one minute.
- Remove from heat.
- Immediately pour over your choice of cake or brownies.